Do your students struggle with volume related to area and perimeter? Finding the volume, area and perimeter is tricky, but this 10 question Mystery Challenge can help!
Mystery Challenge is a perfect way to get kids up and moving! Solving a mystery adds a sense of urgency! Kids solve problems and engagement is high!
- Make 2 copies of the clues on different colored paper. Laminate.
- Hide them around the room.
- Divide the class into two groups. Assign them a color (the color of the clue cards).
- Students will work in partners to be the first to solve it from their team. The group is not working together- just the partners.
- Give each student an answer sheet. They will solve the problem from the clue card. Each answer will give them a clue. Students will check off clues they find The last remaining in each column will be the solution
- Use in stations for extra practice.
- Use in small group instruction. Students can model and discuss their strategies.
- After School Tutorials or Intervention