Welcome to the 5th Grade Math Resource Page!
Let's face it- we need good resources to teach our students! I don't know how many times I have sat in a PLC with a group of teachers struggling to go through the backwards design process in a 45 minute time period once a week. We never finished!
I decided to do something different for the teachers I serve.
I planned each unit using the backwards design framework.
- I started with the list of TEKS we were given on our District Pacing Calendar and looked at the STAAR test for released items to see how the TEKS would be tested.
- I wrote the learning targets addressing the 4 questions of the PLC.
- I created a pacing calendar for the unit and added a pacing guide for small group instruction.
- I wrote ideas for intervention and enrichment.
- I created exit tickets to math the rigor of the STAAR test.
- THEN I found/made activities we could use each day to make sure our kids were getting everything they needed for mastery.
Now when we are in PLC, we can actually have discussions about strategies and lesson plans. We are not spending time doing the background work on each unit. The best part- the kids are learning and the teachers are less stressed!
Complete Math Units, Stations and Activities for 5th Grade
Click on the unit you need!
Download and TEACH!!!
In This Unit:
- Problem solving using all operations with whole numbers
- Estimation strategies- Front End, Rounding and Compatible Numbers
- Problem Solving One and Two Step