Complete Lesson Plans and All Activities for Financial Literacy
This unit is 5 days and jammed packed with activities to help your students understand complex concepts!
Financial Literacy in 5th Grade is all about:
- Gross vs. Net Income
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of using Credit, Debit, Electronic Payments and Checks
- Balancing a Budget!
These skills are very much needed!
I have broken down each TEK into Learning Targets to make it easier to track student progress. There are 6 skills in this unit! Each learning target contains intervention and enrichment skills. A student data sheet is included for students to reflect on their own learning for the unit. A teacher tracking sheet is included to make small group instruction easier!
Cascading Flip Book for Notetaking and Organization
- Vocabulary- Frayer Model or Note cards
- Gross vs. Net Income Notes
- Balance a Budget Notes
- Budget Practicing
- Advantages and Disadvantages Card Sort
Each day contains:
- Learning Targets
- Whole Class Teaching Activity
- Guided Math Activity Ideas
- Closure with an Exit Ticket
- Answer key for most days.
Whole Class teaching in this unit contains:
Mini Lessons and Note Taking
- Teaching Point
- Active Engagement
- Link to Ongoing Learning
Games and Engagement Activities in this unit include:
- 10,000 Pyramid
- SCOOT: Taxes and Gross vs. Net Income
- JIGSAW: Advantages and Disadvantages of Credit, Debit, Electronic Payment, Checks
- Mystery Challenge: Ways to Balance a Budget
This unit is designed to print and go! I keep mine in a binder. You can put each day and all of the materials for that day in one sheet protector.
I hope this unit helps you with Guided Math by providing a whole class teach, active engagement, guided math activities and exit tickets for almost everyday- you can’t beat $1.50 per day for a complete unit!
Complete Lesson Plans
TEKS: 5.10A, 5.10B, 5.10C, 5.10D, 5.10E, 5.10F