I Plan ~ You Teach
Helping you live your life AND be the math teacher that gets results!
Stop the Internal Dialogue!
You do have what it takes!
- You need help you can trust and depend on.
- You need someone who spent many years in the classroom that knows how to plan and knows the math TEKS.
- You need to get your workload under control so you can live a life outside of school!
Your priority is student success.
My priority is rigorous, aligned Lesson Plans.
Students deserve to learn real math. Not tricks to pass a test.
Teachers deserve the resources to make it happen without making their lives more difficult.
Time is a real enemy! There is never enough. You don’t have time to write unit lesson plans using the Backwards Design Model. You don’t have the resources that will save time in tailoring content to individual needs.
You need complete lesson plans for teaching students to:
- Interpret the Base-10 System
- Represent whole numbers and decimals in
- expanded form
- expanded notation
- Compare and order whole numbers and decimals (using models)
- Represent decimals on
- number lines
- decimal disks
- decimal grids
- base-10 blocks
- Determine the corresponding decimal to the tenths or hundredths on number lines
Each day contains objective, learning targets, materials, whole class teaching activity, guided math activity and closure with an exit ticket and answer key for most days. You can use the Learning Targets to get ideas on Intervention and Enrichment skills.I have broken down each TEK into Learning Targets to make it easier to track student progress and make working in a PLC easier. There are 10 skills in this unit! Each learning target contains intervention and enrichment skills. A student data sheet is included for students to reflect on their own learning for the unit. A teacher tracking sheet is included to make small group instruction easier!
Whole Class teaching in this unit contains:
- Mini Lessons
- Math Huddles
Games and Engagement Activities in this unit include:
- Speed Date Create
- Make your Own Decimal Comparison Problems
- 2 Truths and a Lie
- Draw a Value
- Mystery Challenge- The Case of the Missing Class Pet
Buy Lesson plans
Copy and Paste into your planner
Make the games and activities