Do your students struggle with problem solving involving calculating conversions? calculating conversions in the same measurement system can be tricky, but this 10 question SCOOT can help!
SCOOT is a perfect way to use Task Cards in the classroom! Students can work with a partner or alone. Great way to keep everyone working during independent practice!
- Make 2 copies of the SCOOT Cards.
- Cut the questions apart and tape to desks in order.
- Set a timer for 3-5 minutes depending on the speed of your class. If you have kids that need more time, set up a SCOOT for them. Choose half of the problems, and have them move, every other time.
- Students will move from desk to desk, reading the problem on the desk and answering it on their answer sheet. When the timer goes off- SCOOT to the next desk.
- Use in stations for extra practice.
- Use in small group instruction. Students can model and discuss their strategies.
- After School Tutorials or Intervention